There isn’t a day that goes by I won’t use an essential oil for at least something. They have literally become essential to my life. Essential oils have so many incredible applications, and even better, they have amazing therapeutic benefits to go with it.
Every household should have a go-to-essential-oil-toolkit with at least the basics. You can’t go wrong with lavender, orange, peppermint, tea tree and maybe something florally like rose geranium.
Here are many of the ways I incorporate my oils into my life.
- I absolutely adore a chocolate orange smoothie to kick start my day for brekky. I simply make up one of my nutritious choc smoothie recipes and add a few drops of orange for a magnificent jaffa flavour.
- For a natural insect repellent, lemongrass, citronella and eucalyptus oil in a spritzer with water or mixed with coconut oil as a skin rub will keep those pesky bugs at bay.
- Lemon and tea tree mixed in a spray bottle with water makes a great countertop spray. Many essential oils have anti-bacterial properties making them a great alternative to toxic cleaning products.
- Depending on what is happening in the day ahead I will intuitively pick an oil to help support me through the day. I use this oil as my perfume. I simply dab a little on my neck, temples or wrists. Or you may like to make your own roll on.
- I love a bath in the winter months. Often I will often treat myself to a good relaxing soak in the tub. This is where I’ll add a little essential oil, magnesium salts and some rose petals.
- I make my own toothpaste using bicarb, coconut oil + charcoal powder and will add essential oils like tea tree, cloves or peppermint to help keep my mouth clean and fresh.
- I also make my own deodorant and scent it with an essential oil.
- I absolutely love my peppermint bliss balls and raw peppermint cheesecake. Order yours here! Or contact me via my social media accounts.
- My moisturiser contains only two ingredients: coconut oil and an essential oil. I challenge you right now to read the back of your moisturiser. Does it contain a long list of words you can’t even pronounce? Truth bomb: Chances are they are carcinogenic chemicals.
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken is one of my favourite dishes.
- When I need a little mental clarity I pop a little rosemary oil in the vaporiser to help with concentration and focus.
- If a tummy ache arises I’ll rub peppermint and ginger with a plant-based oil on my belly for some relief.
- Essential oils are great for relieving sore muscles, pain and inflammation.
- When I’m feeling a little hot and bothered I’ll spritz my face with a refreshing blend. I love using citrus oils for this.
- They are the ultimate air fresheners. I use my vaporiser every day.
- They are a must-have for the first aid kit. Mozzie bits, cuts, burns, rashes, fungal conditions- essential oils will save the day.
- I often dab a little frankincense on my temples each morning before I meditate
- I like to add a little peppermint when I am oil pulling.
- Essential oils make gorgeous gifts.
- I make my own peppermint or orange lip balm using beeswax, cacao butter, cacao and raw honey. It’s good enough to eat. I’ve tried!
- I love to give my partner a relaxing massage after a long hard day at work.
- A dab of lavender on the temples can help soothe a headache.
- When I’m feeling a little run down I’ll add a few drops of eucalyptus to a bowl of hot water, and inhale the vapours with a towel over my head (just be careful not to burn your nostrils) to clear my sinuses.
- I use lavender in my bedroom vaporiser or a drop on my pillow to help me get a restful nights sleep.
I would love to hear from you…
+ Do you use essential oils?
+What’s your favourite way to incorporate them into your daily life?