With loads of benefits, incorporating green smoothies into your diet is one of the best things you can do for your health. These powerful plant-based drinks are loaded with nutrition and are super tasty. They are a top way to consume fresh, living greens and consuming them daily will help improve skin tone, increase energy, boost your immune system and aid in detoxification.
Here is why green smoothies are so awesome..
1. Green smoothies are the ultimate “fast” food. They are incredibly easy to prepare taking little to no time to whiz up, plus the clean up is a breeze. It makes the most nutritious, hydrating on-the-go meal you can get.
2. Green smoothies are an awesome way to get those highly alkalizing greens into your body. We all know how important it is to get down our greens and incorporating them into a smoothie is the easiest way to do so. I find it much easier to drink my greens in a delicious smoothie than to try and munch through a bowl of them. Kids love them too!
3. Green smoothies are easily digested. Using a blender to crush and rupture the plant cells act like our teeth do when we chew. With blending, the work is already done and the nutrients are readily available to our cells.
4. Leafy greens are incredibly nourishing and jam packed with nutrition. Vital phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and chlorophyll are all found in green smoothies. All essential for vibrant health.
5. Green smoothies are high in fibre. Unlike juicing which leaves the fibre behind, green smoothies enable you to keep this important fragment of the plant which is necessary for binding and excreting toxins. Green smoothies enable you to incorporate whole plant foods into your diet without extracting any portion of the plant or fruit.
6. Green smoothies are filling and satisfying. They make a nutritious snack or can be used as a whole meal substitute. Try replacing breakfast, lunch or dinner with a green smoothie regularly.
7. Green smoothies are delicious! The secret is to add enough fruit to camouflage the green-ness making them completely palatable and enjoyable. The combinations are endless and depending on your palate you can add more fruit for sweetness or increase your greens. You can find the recipe to one of my favourite green smoothies here.
So go on, get your green on and reap the benefits green smoothies have to offer you. Remember organic produce is always superior over commercially grown produce but do the best with what you have access to.
I would love to hear from you
+ Have you noticed benefits from adding green smoothies into your life?
+ Do you have a favourite green smoothie recipe to share?