Today I’m sharing with you one of my favourite duos- Peppermint and Chocolate. This combination just works so perfectly. A match made in heaven. These little truffles are incredibly easy to make and are simply delicious. They are of course totally guilt free made with nothing but wholesome nourishing ingredients.
Naturally sweetened with dates, they are free from the refined white sugar many sweet treats are laden in. They are paleo, vegan and raw as well a dairy and gluten-free. In other words they are delectable little balls of goodness.
Peppermint essential oil also has some great therapeutic benefits too!
- Peppermint oil has a soothing effect on the stomach making it useful for nausea, heartburn and stomach aches.
- Peppermint oil is great for the respiratory tract and sinuses.
- Peppermint oil increases concentration, alertness and focus.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 6 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs + extra handful for coating
- Using the extra cacao nibs for coating (about a handful) pulse in a high-speed blender. You want them to be small enough so that they stick onto your truffles at the end. Remove and set aside.
- Place cashews, dates, cacao powder and peppermint oil in blender. Whiz until mixture is sticky and wet. * If the mixture is too dry add a tiny dash of water to help hold mixture together
- Add the 1/4 cup cacao nibs and fold through mixture
- Roll mixture into balls, coat in the extra cacao nibs and store in fridge