I feel incredibly nourished and clean when I incorporate vibrant fresh greens into my day, particularly when they are in the form of a delicious green smoothie. Fresh greens are one food group many of us are lacking in our diets and green smoothies are the perfect way to get them down!
In this particular recipe I have chosen to use celery and cucumber which are incredibly hydrating and the leafy greens (baby spinach) and herbs are packed with super nutrients. Ginger is a great anti-inflammatory whilst lime adds a zesty flavour and is wonderful for detoxing. Adding an avocado makes for a deliciously creamy consistency and will keep you satiated for much longer. This is an ingredient you don’t want to leave out.
When I make a green smoothie, this is usually my go-to recipe:
- 1 frozen banana or mango
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 lime, skin removed
- inch fresh ginger
- 1/2 to 1 whole avocado, depending on size (reeds are divine)
- BIG handful of fresh parsley, mint or coriander
- 1 cup water or to desired consistency
* If you find this recipe too ‘green’ the trick is to add more fruit. Add an extra banana or mango. I personally enjoy this recipe without the fruit but if you are not used to consuming greens your palate will appreciate adding in the sweet fruits.
- Throw all ingredients into a high-speed blender and whiz until smooth and creamy.
I would love to hear from you
+ Have you got a favourite green smoothie recipe you would like to share?
+ Have you tried this one?