This is my latest smoothie love. A refreshing summer green smoothie jam packed full of nourishment and deliciousness. Unlike my usual chocolate variations, this one is made up of the taste of summer with mango and mint together with the superfoods coconut, chia and hemp seeds.
Smoothies have become an absolute non-negotiable part of my daily life. Every day, usually for breakfast you will find me sipping on a smoothie of some sort, and for good reason.
Why do I love my smoothies so much?
Firstly, when I say smoothie, I am not talking about the sugar-laden version full of commercial ice-cream, fake syrup and artificial flavour. I am talking about nourishing smoothies made from clean, wholesome and real food ingredients. I’m talking fresh fruits, nuts and seeds, superfoods, natural sweeteners, fresh greens, healthy fats and clean protein sources.
This type of smoothie is the perfect way to nourish your body. They have soooo many wonderful benefits.
- They taste delicious
- They’re packed with nutrition
- They are easy on your digestion
- They are quick and simple to make
- The flavour combinations are endless
- They are filling and satiating
- They are a meal in themselves
- They are high in fibre
For more about how amazing smoothies are for your health, you may like to read my article 7 benefits to drinking green smoothies.
- 1 -2 mango cheeks (depending on your sweet tooth)
- 1 LARGE handful of mint
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
- Dash coconut cream
- 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. pure whey protein
- Handful macadamias
- Handful baby spinach
- Approx 1.5 cups filtered water (or to desired consistency)
- Handful ice
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and whiz until smooth and creamy.
If you like the sound of this smoothie, you may also like my hydrating green smoothie recipe.
I would love to hear from you…
+ What’s your favourite smoothie recipe?
Leave a comment below