This home-made chocolate with a Christmas twist is a must have on the menu this festive season. It’s quick and easy to whip up plus it tastes totally d.i.v.i.n.e. It’s full of antioxidants, good-for-you fats and is dairy free. Plus, it’s naturally sweetened and comes free of guilt. Doesn’t get any better than that!
It’s perfect for whipping up ahead of time and stashing in the freezer when needed over the silly season. This raw Christmas bark also makes fun gifts for friends and family too.
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Melt cacao butter on low heat in a small sauce pan (you want to keep the temperature as low as possible in order to keep the butter in its raw state)
- Mix in cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla and salt until smooth
- Line a small baking tray with baking paper and pour chocolate mixture into the tray
- Sprinkle cranberries, gojis, pistachios and shredded coconut evening over the mixture.
- Place in the freezer and allow to set for 30 minutes.
- Once chocolate is set break into pieces and EAT.
I would love to hear from you…
+ Do you have a favourite Christmas recipe?
+ Have you made your own raw chocolate?