With Spring well and truly here, it’s time to dust off the picnic basket, shake out the rug and dip into some delicious food. This easy, nutritious home-made dip makes for the perfect picnic spread addition. The best thing about this dip is that it’s free from the additives, colours and preservatives found in commercial dips. It’s made from nothing but wholefood, real ingredients.
- 2 cups pumpkin, peeled & diced
- 1 red or yellow capsicum
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup Cashews
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Large handful coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- Drizzle pumpkin, capsicum and garlic with a small amount of olive oil and roast until tender, and cashews until slightly brown (keep an eye on the cashews, you don’t want them to burn). Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Place all ingredients into blender or food processor and pulse until slightly chunky.
- Serve with your favourite crackers or veggie sticks
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge
I would love to hear from you
+ What is your favourite picnic nibbles?